Sunday, April 12, 2009

Touched by an Angel

They say that Angels sit in heaven,
and lend the stars their light,
but here on earth, there is a girl,
who looked like an Angel that night!

The sun had gone down in the west,
the moon was not yet its brilliant white,
and through the darkness you walked to me,
Like an Angel that night!

The silver light around you swirled,
and lit up your brilliant smile,
the moonbeams they enrobed you,
Like an Angel, that night!

As you came close, the world stood still,
my heart didn't feel quite fine,
and in the darkness your voice echoed,
Like an Angel that night!

You sat down right next to me,
I lost all track of time,
and even the moon came down to see you look,
Like an Angel that night!

I never saw this part of you,
we usually just tend to fight,
but for the first time you struck a chord,
Like an angel that night!

But all good things do come to an end,
you stayed but just a while,
and through the darkness you melted away,
like an angel that night...

You touched my heart as you walked away,
I still miss that shining light,
All I want is one chance with you,
Oh Angel in the night!

No comments: