Saturday, May 15, 2010

Speak up

So what it is that you feel?


What defines what is real?


Show me what is right, point out what is wrong;
watch me as I play along,
A twinkle in my eye, a smile on my lips,
Yes, I'm still waiting for you to make a slip.

Look around and see the world,
this crazy pandemonium that has unfurled,
A state of flux in every moment,
So what do you reckon is the scope for improvement?

This is a democracy or so I hear,
So what exactly is it that you fear?
By , for and of the people it is said,
Or so it was, the last time it I read.

What is it that gets your goat?
Politicians in Kurtas? Or suave Coats?
Moral policing, it's needs and effects,
corruption, sports what other events?

So speak up and be bold,
Fortune favors the brave or so it is told,
put forth your view and bring up some talk,
It's about time we took this walk.

Mention just one issue that you fear,
be heard, we all want to hear,
discuss, debate bring forth the light,
Point out what is wrong, Show me what is right.