Saturday, July 17, 2010

Images - Holding on to pebbles.

Stories have been shared,
from an age gone by,
Where princesses were rescued,
and the Angels would fly,
the flowers would bloom,
and birds would sing,
the sun would be warm
and it would always be spring.

But no one has shared,
the stories today,
are they all scared?
Or too proud to say?
That all that has gone,
Is for everyone to see,
for all that we had won,
has now tasted defeat?

Did you think twice,
before thinking aloud?
Did it feel so nice?
Sitting atop that cloud?
For words like arrows once left do not stall,
like flashes of lightning in the skies they fall,
You bled me to death and then a little more,
I woke up wounded, battered and sore,
In midst of a desert, covered with sand,
or an ocean of water with no sight of land,
Are you quite done with me or is there more to come?
The way you have done it, it looks like such fun.
Will you come rescue me? Will you hold out your hand?
Or will you just look on and at a safe distance stand?

I need some inspiration, I have so much to say,
get rid of my inner devils, and grow up today,
For around in circles again I have run,
making a fool out of myself, trying to fool everyone.

No comments: